Tuesday, October 24, 2006



What a beautiful morning. Life is like the tides turning. I took this picture of Lake Ontario, and today I manipulated it with a photo editor. It was easy. I see something quite different in this picture than the original. There is creativity and a force. Combine that with some great music from a talented musician and you can overcome any negative emotion. Just a few days ago there was a shadow of grief over my emotions. Surrender. Surrender to the control of the highest power. Allow the negative emotions to flow over and not through me. My heart is the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit. I will protect it at all costs. I might be captive for a short time, but I am quick to call upon the Lord to shelter my heart and my thoughts. If you are able to access Rhapsody or another service to listen to music for free, I would like to suggest listening to Citizen Cope. There are two songs in particular that I would tell you to listen to. The first is Awe. This is the one I listened to while I played with the photo editor. Then there is one that might be about a love relationship, but I put it in the context about being in love with Christ, and it was powerful. There is no way to explain how that love makes me feel. To use the words satisfied, complete and content would not come close to the fullness that Christ provides for me. I do not know the condition of this artists heart but he is honoring God in the fact that he is using a talent given to him, even if he does not know it. Use all that is given to you. Don't be wasteful. You might just touch a part of someone else's soul. Praise God for giving us each something special and unique.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home